Staf is renowned for providing learning and development opportunities which not only reflect the needs of the sector, but also support the continuing professional development of front-line practitioners and managers working with young people from a care experienced background.
The focus of all our work is on creating long term sustainable relationships for care experienced young people.
With the Children and Young People (Scotland) Act 2014 comes new responsibility on service providers, new eligibility for young people, new corporate parenting responsibilities, and an emphasis on designing services through the eyes of the young person.
As an organisation at the heart of the change, we are very much seen as leaders on a journey and are often called in to support organisations.
Feedback we have received:
“This course has given me a huge jump in my understanding of the issues faced by care-experienced young people, particularly trauma.”
“A good overview of care experienced young people.”
“A great trainer, thanks.”
The training we can offer you and your teams in relation to the Children and Young People (Scotland) Act 2014 includes:
- Continuing Care, Aftercare and Corporate Parenting
- Understand the issues faced by care experienced young people
- Understand the impact of new legislation
- Understand the role of aftercare services and the support they offer young people
- How to build positive relationships and support care experienced young people
For further information, please contact Sharon@staf.scot, or call 0141 465 7511.